9.05.2007

Pedernales Falls

Okay, I realize I've been slacking in the blogging department. I guess I just don't have the talent for it. Anyway, you probably read over at the 'chain that we went to the Hill Country for the Labor Day weekend and we had a grand 'ol time. One of the highlights was going to the Pedernales Falls State Park. It is an area where the Pedernales River spills over some large limestone slabs. Needless to say Audrey and Parker loved it. You have to go down a series of stairs then pick your way through a fair amount of brush to get to the water. Every time we would get to the spot we were going to, Audrey would decide there was something else she HAD to see. We pretty much had to drag Audrey back to the car to leave. When we got back to the car, Parker kindly informed us all that "we're not really supposed to go see waterfalls on Sunday." Anyway, here are some pictures.




13 comments:

Leslie said...

yay. that was fun and i'm glad miles and i were spared the pink-face inducing hike down to the water and back. we just got to chat it up with the lesbos by the benches. :)

stephanie said...

the pictures aren't working.

Anonymous said...

Using the term "lesbos" is cruel and demeaning. Lesbians are also children of God. Lesbians have mothers and lesbians have feelings. I wonder if your heart would be softened if you had a lesbian daughter or a gay son? I believe it would.

Leslie said...

hey anon, i completely agree with you and wasn't aware that lesbos was so hurtful. these were wonderful, friendly women who told me lots of times how cute my baby was. my heart is quite soft in this regard and next time i'll be sure to keep my comments to myself. thanks.

Neal said...

Whoa, Mike, I mean anyonomus, who knew you were so tuned into the plight of gay women! Thanks for bringing it to our collective attention that lesbos is cruel and demeaning, who knew? Maybe that's the type of thing you can only learn in rehab. Next time I'll be sure my wife uses the correct term and says lebonese instead of lesbo. Sheesh

Leslie said...

i promise we're actually nice people in real life. :)

Anonymous said...

I think the term "lesbo" is endearing. Anyway, your pictures don't work, you noob.

Ryan

Neal said...

Um, they work on my computer, but I re-uploaded them so let me know if you're still having problems. And speak for yourself, Leslie!

Anonymous said...

The H Family obviously thinks I have more time on my hands than I actually do. You need to realize that I think it's more fun for people to think that I am the anonymous commenter than to actually think of mean things to comment.

Get over it. Nobody cares about your blog. Ok, that was mean.

Anonymous said...

Did you get that green striped shirt at a prison in Northern Ireland? Did it come with green striped prison pants too? That shirt has "Goodwill" store written all over it. Come to think about it, I think I saw that very same shirt at a Montgomery Wards store in Orem back in the 1990's. Just trying to lighten things up ya know.

Charlotte said...

I love how your "comment"s section is just as entertaining as your posts!

Neal said...

Oh Mike, I fear that your admission that you were shopping at Montgomery Ward in the 1990's is a far more disturbing commentary on your own personal style than a jab at mine, "ya know?"

Kate said...

Just wanted to say - you have an adorable little family- when I opened up your commments- wow! Your comments are just as entertaining as your blog... way to go!