8.05.2007

In the beginning . . .

. . . there was flowerchain. And she begat Rainbow Flying Unicorns. Then she begat I Love Heroes. Then she begat A Room Somewhere. But through it all, she couldn't beget the desire in her husband to start a blog. Until now. But before you get too excited, you're probably not going to find many posts about my childhood, there may be the occassional pictures of the fam, but definitely no memes. I think the 'chain has that pretty much covered. So if you're looking for pictures of beautiful things, you might want to step into a room somewhere else (although I'm pretty sure there will be an etsy week sometime soon--oh don't you worry, it's going to be good). But when you need a break from the virtual world of spotless living rooms, amazing hubbies, endless spirituality and impossibly cute kiddos (yes, I look at your blogs, too), come on over and hang out here. I don't care that your sink is piled high with dirty dishes, your kid won't sleep through the night, you went to the donut store during Sunday School, and that your husband doesn't appreciate you. Just relax--we're all friends here.

I'm not kidding myself, though. I know that most of the traffic to this blog will come from flowerchain. With her average of 200 hits a day, at least a few of you will wander on over. And when you do, feel free to write a comment. As a matter of fact, leave a comment right now. If you do, I'll add you to my sidebar links. It'll be like a free giveaway to commentors. I know, just call me Design Dad.

20 comments:

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Welcome to blogging Design Dad!

Leslie said...

um, i get like 300 hits a day. :)

and i KNEW design mom would comment.

Kate said...

Quit your job and start writing! You and your wife are very talented! (I am the sister of one of leslie's (crazy) college roomates...Rachel to be exact!

stephanie said...

yay for neal and his blog!

Ginger said...

yeah!

Barbara said...

So glad you started a blog. Your previous blogs are so interesting and is good to hear from a male's viewpont.
Love and Hugs
Grammy

Anonymous said...

I was going to leave a comment but I have to go hide the the left over donuts that I bought yesterday.

Neal said...

You are so busted, not-so-anonymous in California. Duh, I have statcounter. Oh, and your bishop just called me back--you have an appointment with him next Sunday at 11:30am. And send me an email "anonymously" so I can add your sinful blog to my sidebar!

As for the rest of you--61 pageloads and only 7 comments? What up wit that?

Erika said...

Hey Neal! Good to see you blogging. Now, try to get Daniel to join in. He doesn't even post on peapodpink, despite the fact that I added him as an author. He says he's too busy and doesn't have anything to say. Glad to see you've given in to the urge to blog.

Emma said...

Yay another blog to read. I enjoyed your guest blogging. So I'll be glad you read your blog.

Rachel said...

So stoked! You need to do reviews of Jerry Springer:)

The Queen said...

This part is my favorite, "I don't care that your sink is piled high with dirty dishes, your kid won't sleep through the night, you went to the donut store during Sunday School, and that your husband doesn't appreciate you." :)Welcome aboard!

tara said...

thanks neal. there are currently dishes in my sink, kids who don't take naps and well... no donuts but plenty of junk at my house. I guess some people get annoyed with people who are more real about the reality of life on there blog (like me, being a realist)(was that too redundant?)- I too tire of the seemingly perfect blogspot views into peoples lives... perhaps my husband doesn't appreciate me ALL the time, but that's okay, I probably don't appreciate him enough either. we're not close to ideal, and I wouldn't want anyone to think so!

Can't wait to hear what you've got to say! And your childhood stories are cool... so why not share? (yer black momma? loved those posts)

Natalie said...

right on, Neal! this is gonna be great - Jay and I can't wait to hear your takes on life. you are setting a good example - Jay finally gave in to my request to be a guest blogger on "la vie en rose", and I'm stoked for that...who knows, perhaps in a couple months, Jay will start his own bloggy!

Charlotte said...

Yeah... one more family member added to the blog world! Love the name and picture =)

Ruth said...

I am happy that you have started a blog! I will be a faithful reader.

kristenita said...

EEEEEH! very cool. add me to your sidebar PLEASE! ya'll are so famous, maybe my blog will get more hits through you guys... (300!?) I peeked at your blog yesterday but didn't leave a comment - that's me in NY on stat counter.

¡pienso que mi esposo nesecita un BLOG tambien!

Mumsy said...

Love it. If only I could get my husband to read my blog, I'd be so happy.

Can't wait to see what you come up with, Neal.

(I'm a blogging friend of your wife's from NY.)

Jodie Haney said...

Donut Store during Sunday School...I'm shocked! Who would do that? (me, me, take me!)
Welcome aboard, Blogger Neal.

laina kay said...

welcome to the wonderful world of blogging?!? love your wife's blogs and i'm trying to follow her golden rule : ) i'm impressed that my comment is number 20 and you've only blogged once! i don't think i've ever received more than 5 comments for a post at my blog and i've been blogging for quite a bit longer (pout)... anyhoo, enjoy! best of luck... i'll be back!